Saturday, March 8, 2014

Letter to A:

I saw Endless Love this morning, and I don't care that it has a 15% on Rotten Tomatoes and I don't care that they used every plot line ever; (Cancer, car crashes, affairs, jail time, death, a restraining order, and house fires); I'm still going to buy it on DVD. And even though there are a lot of people that I like and I haven't talked to you in months you're still the person I thought of.

I know I can't parallel our love to theirs- because that is a movie and this is real life and in reality you're 17 hours and 45 minutes in an airplane away from me. But you still carry me around with you in your pocket and I still look for you in crowds, (which is ridiculous because obviously that isn't you) and I still don't know what you wrote on the back of the fifth page, because it isn't in English.

Maybe those words aren't enough. Maybe you're trying to find a way to say all the things I can't. But I can't seem to find anything that will translate them for me, which is probably good in case they don't say what I want them to.



Or maybe there are other things we have to find before we find each other.

XX
Rothko



4 comments:

  1. Endless Love was the worst movie I've ever seen and I loved every second of it. And yeah, I thought of someone, too, but he just lives up the road, and I don't know which one of us has the worse situation.

    Let's get together when it comes out and DVD and cry, kay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have more to dream about than any of us ever hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God. This is beautiful and broke my heart in all the right ways. This is by far my favorite post right now because you took the words out of my brain and made them beautiful.
    " But you still carry me around with you in your pocket and I still look for you in crowds, (which is ridiculous because obviously that isn't you) and I still don't know what you wrote on the back of the fifth page, because it isn't in English."
    "which is probably good in case they don't say what I want them to."

    and the last line. Speechless. Breathless. I think the wind was knocked out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still look for you in crowds, (which is ridiculous because obviously that isn't you)

    That line breaks my heart because I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete