Sunday, January 26, 2014

Coding books and Oxford commas.

A lady just put $2 into the 'College Fund' jar, which is really just a tip jar that actually forces people to give you money. Anyway, I know I am going to use those two dollars for a snack or a chapstick and not college, and that's why I hate working for an hourly wage.

I think that the Oxford comma is VERY IMPORTANT and I've used pantone colors twice this week to describe how I want the color of my coffee and it upsets me that the majority of people probably don't know what Pantone is. Anyway, You just called and the first thing I wanted to tell you was that the shirt you wore last Thursday was actually the shittiest thing I've ever seen, but I decided that that was too hostile. So we talked about things that matter, like $400 shoes and how we both really like .gifs.


I wonder what you'd do if you knew I didn't like that shirt.


The new girl at work has pink hair and a weed shirt. I really don't like her, and I admit that I wasn't as nice as I should have been to her earlier; That's probably the reason the Student Body President won't date me.


I just saw a resume of a girl who is graduating from college with a major in English, but couldn't manage to spell "opportunity" right, SO OBVIOUSLY GRADES AREN'T EVERYTHING. But I also feel sad for her because her lack of spelling efficiency will probably result in a lack of the thing she was trying to spell.


I like winter and how my street looks when it snows. I think I've had a love affair with the way you smell and the way you drive. I prefer pen over pencil & less over more. I like that I like pistachio ice cream so much.


I hate breakfast and eggs, which is convenient because I'm always too late to eat. I have a fear that I'll be murdered while I'm vacuuming and I have a reoccurring dream of dying on the Titanic. I think I wear only neutrals five out of the seven days in any given week and I read coding books for fun.


So here's to all of that, and to me: the alchemist of the perfectly pressed, pristine white shirt.


XX 

Rothko

12 comments:

  1. I'll admit I used google to know what an "Oxford comma" was when I realized it's the same as a "Serial comma". I also think it's extremely important.
    I appreciate that you're honest about your dislike of things (at least to yourself).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading a bunch of blogs right now, but I'm not commenting. Because I'm on my iPad and it sucks to comment on my iPad. And I'm supposed to be helping put my kids in bed. And actually, I wasn't planning on looking at blogs, I really wanted to check the Utes score on ESPN.com. But here I am.

    Anyway.

    I really like your blog. The randomness. The humor. Like Hazel said, I think this is one of the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great intro. You'll keep people coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn.

    you're blog seems to be the only new one that i like.

    pretty excited to see what you'll come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ya, this is gonna be a good one. welcome to the big leagues rook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with all the comments above. I'm excited to read more :) you've got me hooked

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone. You're incredible.
    Already one of my favorites.

    "but I decided that that was too hostile. So we talked about things that matter,"

    "the alchemist of the perfectly pressed, pristine white shirt."

    Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I have a fear that I'll be murdered while I'm vacuuming"
    What's with that?! I totally have that too!

    You're super cool already. (And honestly, you could suck for the rest of the semester but you would remain popular because your blog was the first in the hall of fame and I think that basically garentees you love for the rest of the semester or something)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came here to talk to you. Mostly cause others rarely read the intros anymore; those bums. I do like the post even though I am just using it for my convenience. I have a question, that won't word its self in my head, for you. So I'll just ask this one. Can we be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet. I am totally adding you to my "Blogs I View and Enjoy" list. Great to meet you. hope you enjoyed my posts.

    ReplyDelete